[ 5 ]
59% 59% 
[ 10 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 17

Weapons?

Post  Abyss on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:09 am

Weapons ingame? If yes, what kind and maybe for Humans only?

Vote and give feedback!

Admin

Number of posts : 2107
Ingame Name : Abyss
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Name: Abyss
Race: Saiya-Jin
Powerlevel: 23,000

View user profile http://db-universe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Weapons?

Post  Abyss on Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:13 am

I'd say: weapons but only for humans. I want all races to have some sort of bonus so we wont have Saiyans only. Humans will have cars already but that isnt a huge bonus. I want to add weapons and thus the Weapon wielding ability for humans only. This will also make it less unlikely if a human kills a saiyan. He now uses the Z-Sword together with his Super Human transformation and his Capsule Corp Armor against a mere Super-Saiyan.... XD

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:30 am

I think weapons in a DBZ game is silly.

In Dragonball, weapons are your fists, feet, and ki.

The only weapons in game should be NPCs. And they shouldn't be "weapons" as in equipped, just how they attack, like a punk with a gun.

I say for humans have unlocked potential, like what Guru did for Kuririn. Sure, he did it for Gohan too, but Saiyajin don't really need it. And have it used in the same capacity as SSJ. Of course, thee aren't multiple levels, so humans needs some other bonuses to balance the races, but I dont think weapons is a good one :S That just showcases that humans are "weak"

For Namek, they have Regeneration, and perhaps the ability to fuze with Nameks in a one time power boost, Like Piccolo did with Nail and Kami, which made him stronger than Vegeta and Trunks for awhile during the Cell Saga. Perhaps make meditation more effective for Nameks as well, as that was Piccolo's main method of training (that and splitform training like in the room of spirit and time, but that wasn't a Namek only thing.)
AnarchoElk

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Powerlevel: 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Barson on Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:55 am

Humas only cuz saiyans/namek and more have special abiltys
Barson

Number of posts : 179
Ingame Name : Barson
Level : 1,300,200,100
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Character sheet
Name: Barson
Powerlevel: 1,300,200,100

View user profile http://barson.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 am

Uhh, Fists, Feet and Ki weren't the only weapons. Look at Kid Goku he had the Power Pole (Saiyan), and also Trunks he had a Sword (Used it with his ki attacks etc Half-Saiyan). I belive that is all, but I think anyone should be able to get weapons. Weapons should increase the strength of someone but bring the attacking speed of someone down depending on the weapon. Also only certain weapons can be bought on certain planets.

Also not all the humans got their potential unlocked only Krillin did. And that was because of Guru's powers, to unlock the potential of people if they had any. Like he did to his people that had potential to be one of the best warriors on their planet.
Zetetsu

Number of posts : 227
Ingame Name : Zetetsu Nirozu
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Character sheet
Name: Zetetsu Nirozu
Powerlevel: 60000/130000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk on Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:53 am

The Power pole became obsolete before Goku reached a power level of 1000 and Trunk's sword was only ever useful once, and it didn't really HELP him so much as make his attack different. He easily killed Cold without it. He could have done the same to Freeza. It was no help in the short spar between him and Goku, where it was paried with a finger, and it shattered when coming in contact with 18. Gohan's sword was more of a training tool than a weapon, and breaking it was more important than using it.

Like I said, adding weapons, for everyone, or for humans, is unnecessary, and takes away from the action of Dragonball.

As for the unlocked potential, yeah, I know. I'm grasping at straws. And not only was Kuririn the only human, but Gohan was unlocked as well. I just think when it comes to human balancing up with Saiyajin andNamekseijin, a "transformation" of some kind is preferable to weapons, which have only shown time after time, to be ineffective. Be it a sword, a gun, a missile, they quickly become ineffective against any powerful fighter.
AnarchoElk

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Yeah that was the main issue I encountered with weapons, they arent really a part of DBZ and of course, a Super Saiya-Jin shouldnt get hurt by a weapon.

Before I continue, I was thinking about androids. Maybe, we wont add androids ingame as a race on its own. But only Humans can obtain the android race. After a series of quests you can become an android at either Dr. Gero (That was the Red Ribbon army guy right? Android #20?) or Dr. Briefs, it depends on your alignment. And THEN add weapons, but the weapons are things like Super 17's hells flash or selfdsturct or something. What about that?

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:54 pm

AnarchoElk wrote:but I dont think weapons is a good one :S That just showcases that humans are "weak"

I voted Humans only, Elk, if your aware, Humans ARE weak(er). First of all most of them don't even know about KI let alone control it! Second, according to the manga theres no Human that could bring his powerlevel very high. Ofcourse this is changable in the game, but id say it's fun if you stick a bit to the anime/manga. Humans are not that strong, so they have to get it from technology, just like tuffles.

it also gives more variation.

(Btw, weapons suit way better in a action/fight game then a marriage system for sure. No argument possible about that.)
Shikamaru

Number of posts : 1107
Ingame Name : Boroden
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Boroden Uziraios
Race: Human
Powerlevel: 6000 / 10000

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Abyss wrote:Yeah that was the main issue I encountered with weapons, they arent really a part of DBZ and of course, a Super Saiya-Jin shouldnt get hurt by a weapon.

Before I continue, I was thinking about androids. Maybe, we wont add androids ingame as a race on its own. But only Humans can obtain the android race. After a series of quests you can become an android at either Dr. Gero (That was the Red Ribbon army guy right? Android #20?) or Dr. Briefs, it depends on your alignment. And THEN add weapons, but the weapons are things like Super 17's hells flash or selfdsturct or something. What about that?

Anyone like this idea?

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ssgohanf8 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:01 pm

I like the idea, I wouldn't have thought about humans being turned into androids by docter Briefs, and thats another good thing for only humans, because you can't transform back. I think selfdestruct, if you use it, should hurt yourself but do amazing damage and be large enough so people can't walk 5 steps back and dodge it, then you would be hurt for nothing... and I don't want that. :'(

Number of posts : 878
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Character sheet
Name: Quantar
Powerlevel: 3000/4500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:04 pm

It will be, of course, AoE, and it will set your health to 1 and use all your KI.
And yeah, I didnt know any other good scientist

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk on Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:59 pm

Shikamaru wrote:
AnarchoElk wrote:but I dont think weapons is a good one :S That just showcases that humans are "weak"

I voted Humans only, Elk, if your aware, Humans ARE weak(er). First of all most of them don't even know about KI let alone control it! Second, according to the manga theres no Human that could bring his powerlevel very high. Ofcourse this is changable in the game, but id say it's fun if you stick a bit to the anime/manga. Humans are not that strong, so they have to get it from technology, just like tuffles.

it also gives more variation.

(Btw, weapons suit way better in a action/fight game then a marriage system for sure. No argument possible about that.)
1st I'll approach your final statement, and I have to disagree. The main way for expanding your power in the official DBZ MMO being made is having children.

But I have to agree with you on weapons. I was focussing only on Kuririn, who while he fell behind eventually was pretty strong for most of the series.

Although I don't think all humans should have weapons, I think along with races, maybe have a "cyberpunk" class who uses weapons and technology to boost his armor, strength, and have weapons. It could work kind of like the becoming an artificial human like 17 and 18, but you could get different upgrades based on experience instead of learning different attacks.

I'll expand on this idea later, as I havent had much time for anything in the last few days, my parents are bugging me to get a job.
AnarchoElk

Character sheet
Name:
Race:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:33 pm

That was actually what I was aiming at. You can buy parts for your body that raise your stats, some raise it alot, some a little

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico on Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Weapons are good for all races, IMO. Gives everyone a chance at a new fighting style. What about weapon mastery as well? Where if you fight enough with a weapon, you can like, concentrate ki into it or something?
Nasisorico

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Character sheet
Name: Hatigashi
Powerlevel: 40000/400000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 pm

We already have something called usabilty, if your weapon wielding skill is high enough you will be able to give more damage with the weapon. Good weapons have a high usability req. weak weapons have a low stat.

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazaki on Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:07 am

Let me start by saying that, Goku finally defeated Daimao Piccolo at around the Battle Power (PowerLevel, same thing.) of 100, yet his power pole proved to be useful still around that time. By our standard, 100 Battle Power is around the strength of 100 times peak athletic human strength, in real life. So weapons, by that logic should be included, if you wanted to up the power gap, use those ki blasters and allow them to be super upgraded.
Cazaki

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Character sheet
Name: Cazaki Tsukenshi
Powerlevel: 150

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:56 pm

But Hercule was way stronger than that, and so were Krillin and Tien. But still, they couldnt match the Saiyans and Nameks. But androids could. Thats why I want Humans to be able to change into Androids. They will loose their current techniques except for the permanent transformations. They will gain some stats but now they have to get stronger by getting new weapons and armors, maybe we can even add that Androids get no experience and have to rely on gold only. This could set up an economy because Androids have to trade for gold and maybe they will try to buy goods and sell for profit. And this is were the Scientists enter the scene.

This is the second thing a human can become, you dedicate yourself to technology. You will be able to craft weapons from certain materials and the higher your skill in making this weapons, the better things you can make. Of course, you can use them on yourself now and become an android too, but androids loose half of their intelligence, and thats a stat needed to make things. But they can also go to the market and sell their stuff.

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Cazaki on Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Hercule wasn't way stronger than 100, no way, Videl had around that battle power annd was still stronger than him. But Roshi did have 180, so if anything, I'd give it 300 was the Goku Vs. Piccolo battle. Anyway, we can make it so you can make yourself a cyborg by putting weapons and such inside yourself, bionic legs, the such to eventually become a cyborg/android, or you can make a machine that will make you technology while alive, a true android. You can stick with the scientist route too, or stay true to being a martial artist, staying ki or strength involved.
Cazaki

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Character sheet
Name: Cazaki Tsukenshi
Powerlevel: 150

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:28 am

Darn, this reminds me that we need to program in class requirements for items D:
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 385
Ingame Name : Tharsten

Character sheet
Name: Tharsten
Race: Tuffle
Powerlevel: 10/3,500

View user profile http://www.db-universe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:36 am

Tharsten?

MAKE IT NAO!
LOLOLOLOLOL

Admin

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:48 am

Must...do..gui...first.... pale
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 385
Ingame Name : Tharsten

Character sheet
Name: Tharsten
Race: Tuffle
Powerlevel: 10/3,500

View user profile http://www.db-universe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

wel....

Post  zubbzirro on Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:13 am

i think weapons are great idea!
trunks use a sword 2! Surprised
so yea, but it has to ecualize with the powers of the sayan
like this

|----------------------------------------------|
|you see a: super dragon power sword,.............|
|it contains powers of the legendary dragon.......|
|1 % block of spirit bomb,...............................|
|enc...........................................................|
|you can use it on lvl/skill...............................|
|----------------------------------------------|
ya know, i think its a great idea (i DIDDENT read the page so its posible iam saying the same as some one els(hope not:P) Super Saiyan 2!

regards, zubbzirro!Very Happy Super Saiyan! Wish!
zubbzirro

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Character sheet
Name: chenchoku
Powerlevel: 10,752/22,637

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vegeta on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 pm

mmm, the system is different from what I heard