Dragonball Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ingame Roleplaying: Explained

5 posters

Go down

Ingame Roleplaying: Explained Empty Ingame Roleplaying: Explained

Post  Abyss Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Read thoroughly!

1.1 What is roleplaying?
1.2 Roleplaying in Dragonball Universe
1.3 Using the Forum RPG
1.4 Alignment
1.5 Notes

1.1 What is Roleplaying?

When you roleplay you act like you are your character. You do not randomly attack and kill players unless you are completely insane. This can, of course, be the case and then it's up to the other people to get rid of you. You create a background story for your character and you try to give him emotions and feelings and respond to dramatic events in a way your character would do, depending on his actions and background.

1.2 Roleplaying in Dragonball Universe

You must roleplay in DBU. You don't have to do it really active but good roleplayers get bonusses. We have a Player Bio screen that people can see ingame. There you can write your background story. People can write stories about events that ocurred ingame in the Forum RPG section. The players can do what they want, if you want to save the earth you can start by killing hostile NPC's and players. If you want to be a planet destroying maniac you can try to exterminate all races on a planet, or if you want a simple citizen who wants to make money..it its possible. Only the players who play a big part in the storyline get bonusses: More stats, transformations or moves. This can be the crazy killing machine or the Earth's protector. But the rich businessman who finance the villains get bonusses too.

1.3 Using the Forum RPG

When the game is released we use the Forum RPG to write stories about what happened ingame. Of course, the ones who contribute the most to the storyline get bonusses. You will only get bonusses if it really contributes to the storyline, so not only about yourself. But if you killed 200 players in 3 days then you are huge part of the storyline yourself and talking only about yourself can get you bonusses. Other people can talk about you too, and they can give their own twist to it. So if you killed 2 players some people might say: "He killed 20 players." Now this is the part where it comes in handy if you roleplay alot. If you roleplay alot and always post and you never killed someone then people wont believe the guy who said you killed 20 people and you want get a whole gang of protectors on you. This is the best I can explain, ask if you need to.

1.4 Alignment

The admins give you an alignment based on your actions ingame. The more evil or good you get the more stat increases you get. This will be displayed on the forums so people can also see who to believe in the Forum RPG: If player A says: "Player B killed me!" But Player B has 100% Good alignment he will probably have nothing to fear. This adds to the realistic aspect in this roleplayinh system since in real life you will believe the good guy and not the bad guy.

1.5 Notes

- Idea's, improvements, add-ons and total new ideas will be read and discussed so supply them if you have them.

- Guilds can get special bonusses to if they are devoted to a special goal and play a part in the storyline.

- We need people who can supervise. I cannot do this on my own. I will contact you if I think you are the right person for the job.
Abyss
Abyss
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2107
Ingame Name : Abyss
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Name: Abyss
Race: Saiya-Jin
Powerlevel: 23,000

https://db-universe.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Ingame Roleplaying: Explained Empty Re: Ingame Roleplaying: Explained

Post  Zetetsu Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:10 am

Nice job on the rules Abyss. Putting them into categories and others really good. Happy Goku
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Number of posts : 227
Ingame Name : Zetetsu Nirozu
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Character sheet
Name: Zetetsu Nirozu
Powerlevel: 60000/130000

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:30 am

very nice!
Shikamaru
Shikamaru

Number of posts : 1107
Ingame Name : Boroden
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Boroden Uziraios
Race: Human
Powerlevel: 6000 / 10000

https://db-universe.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Nasisorico Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:41 am

THANK GOD I SAVED MY POST
I can help with the RP stuff too, just to tell ya. I think Zet is a PRIME candidate as well
Nasisorico
Nasisorico

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Character sheet
Name: Hatigashi
Powerlevel: 40000/400000

Back to top Go down

Post  Barson Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:14 am

sweet