Dragonball Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

friends/marriges/house/more

+3
Zetetsu
Serak
Barson
7 posters

Go down

friends/marriges/house/more Empty friends/marriges/house/more

Post  Barson Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:44 pm

will we be able to have friends and how long is the friends list and can we get married too and owning a home and a pet and how about vehicles or only humans need them and is a there a Bardock quest were we get to help him deaft frezza
Barson
Barson

Number of posts : 179
Ingame Name : Barson
Level : 1,300,200,100
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Character sheet
Name: Barson
Race: Saiya-Jin
Powerlevel: 1,300,200,100

http://barson.webs.com

Back to top Go down

friends/marriges/house/more Empty Re: friends/marriges/house/more

Post  Serak Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:59 pm

They would need to program in age ranges for all the races for marriage/children to be possible, which would also entail having a sort of passage of time setup going. Like 1 Real-Time Day = 1 Game Month or something of that sort. Even then it would mean that it'd take 12 weeks for a game year to pass. Which means it'd take a long-ass time for kids to grow up.
Serak
Serak

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Zetetsu Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm

I would say how about 1 hour (Real Life Time)=1 Month (Game Time). So there is two years in a day. Or you can make it however you want. But I like that 1 hour=1 month or even 1/2 Hour=1 Month.
Zetetsu
Zetetsu

Number of posts : 227
Ingame Name : Zetetsu Nirozu
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Character sheet
Name: Zetetsu Nirozu
Powerlevel: 60000/130000

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:02 am

We will add player houses, vehicles, pets and friend list
But I dont think well make marriages and children.
Abyss
Abyss
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2107
Ingame Name : Abyss
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Name: Abyss
Powerlevel: 23,000

https://db-universe.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:57 am

Ok, I made a huge rambling post, and I was unhappy with it, I'm going to try and put it better.

NPC "marriages" for children could work. Perhaps on Vegeta there could be some sort of "incubator" that allows you to "clone" yourself to have kids without marriage.

PC "marriages" for children could also work, and would likely be better than NPC kids, as both players would be strong.

Age doesn't have to be real time.
The way having kids and growing up could work is by level. Lets say level 1 - 20 5 (Namek Saga Gohan age I believe) 21-40 9 (Android Saga Gohan Age I believe) 41-60 16 (Majin Saga Gohan Age) 61-80 25 (Future Gohan age) 81-100 36? I think that was Goku's age at the end of Z... Gohan was 4 at the start, and I believe Goku was 24...

Once you get to level 61 you're old enough to have a kid, but it's more of a benefit, though it takes longer due to the high experience per level, to make it to 100.

Also, once at 100, you're good to do PVP and things like that, really hard quests etc. But if you have a kid, it's a risk because although you're a lot stronger as a level 1, you're still a lot weaker.

For children, each charcter can have Racial DNA, Class DNA, Variable DNA, and Experience.

Racial DNA is the base.

lets say there are:
Body
Ki
Attack
Defence

You have a total of 4 for racial base.

Human could be average and have 1, 1, 1, 1
Saiyajin could be more offensive and have 1, 1, 1.2, 0.8
Namek could be more Ki based and have 0.8, 1.2, 1, 1
etc

Class DNA would be like
Warrior 0.5, 0, 0.5, 0
Bodybuilder 1, 0, 0, 0
Freestyle 0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.25
etc, (so you have every combination of two .5s, one 1, and the Freestyle even)

Variable would be a random bonus that adds another point among them. Like a second class.

Experience would be based on how you fight. This idea is taken somewhat from pokemon.
in Pokemon, depending on who you fight, your pokemon will grow in different ways.
The way it could be implemented here would be every 10 levels, depending on how you fought (more attacking? more blocking? more ki blasts? more physical attacks?) it divides 1 stat between them (either attack or defence, and ki or body would get .5) so that adds up to an extra 5 tops on two stats.

Then you just multiply the stats by the level.

So as an example, I make a human warrior, I get a variable 1 in my attack stat.

1.5, 1, 3.5, 1 these are my base stats.
10 levels pass, and because of that variable and my class, I end up using a lot physical attacks and don't defend much.
20, 10, 40, 10
I continue with that style throughout my first playthrough
650 100 850 100

I have a kid
automatically, he will have more attack and body than average. so you take his racial stat, and his parent's stats, and average them. (in this case I'm using the "Vetegan incubator" so there is no mother stats to average)
3.75 1 4.75 1
I want to try ki this time, so I choose Yogi (plus 1 to Ki)
3.75 2 4.75 1
Variable gives me .5 to defence and .5 to ki
3.75 2.5 4.75 1.5
Again, I'm an attacker, but with Ki this time.
Base at 100
3.75 5.7 9.75 1.5
375 570 975 150

The next kid will have a lower body stat to start with than this first son, but he will have higher stats everywhere else.

This way, you can grow, and although it is time consuming to climb back up to 100, there are stat benefits. But if you want to play at 100 for a while before having a kid, that's fine too, going from 800 to 4 in a certain stat is a big risk, even though there is an eventual payoff.

As for how the stats would be used
Body = HP
Ki = KI
Body + Ki /2 = Endurance
Body + Attack/2 = Strength
Body + Defence /2 = Dodging
Ki + Attack /2 = Power (for Ki attacks)
Ki + defence = Spirit (for defensive/neutral Ki skills)

As for homes, that's probably an idea best used for rewards for special events, as there is only so much area available. or perhaps guildhouses for guilds with a certain amount of members who would have to pay a lot of Zeni to buy one.

Of course, since children won't be in the game, this entire post is kinda useless, but that's just an idea I had.
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Powerlevel: 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Barson Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:14 am

thats a good ideah
Barson
Barson

Number of posts : 179
Ingame Name : Barson
Level : 1,300,200,100
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Character sheet
Name: Barson
Powerlevel: 1,300,200,100

http://barson.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shikamaru Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm

id say skip the marriage system, first of all, do u honestly believe a girl is gonna play a 2d online dbz game?

second, do you honestly believe anyone wants to marry with a guy that plays a female char?

third, aint it sad to marry ingame? i mean.... it's a fighting game, not frigging Hello Kitty Online? Miauw ?
Shikamaru
Shikamaru

Number of posts : 1107
Ingame Name : Boroden
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Boroden Uziraios
Race: Human
Powerlevel: 6000 / 10000

Back to top Go down

Post  AnarchoElk Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:03 pm

Shikamaru wrote:id say skip the marriage system, first of all, do u honestly believe a girl is gonna play a 2d online dbz game?

second, do you honestly believe anyone wants to marry with a guy that plays a female char?

third, aint it sad to marry ingame? i mean.... it's a fighting game, not frigging Hello Kitty Online? Miauw ?

When I used to play Gekisen on byond there were quite a few girls, but that was Byond.

Second, don't be so homophobic. marriages in game are just to have kids. don't be so insecure.

Third, don't be so sexist. Plenty of girls like Dragonball, and plenty of guys like Hello Kitty
AnarchoElk
AnarchoElk

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Powerlevel: 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Abyss Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Lol, I sense an upcoming discussion!

But you can roleplay marriages if you want, but we wont have female characters.. At least not at the start, and the middle, and maybe at the end. female characters means: new sprites, clothes and programming. And its too much work for those few girls that play dbz orpgs. And we will add a skill which you can summon NPC's with. maybe make it a bean and you have your own saibaman? I dont like the idea of kids and marriages, it reminds me of that game that Nasiso and Zetetsu played. Where you could rape people at the age of 9 or something.
Abyss
Abyss
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2107
Ingame Name : Abyss
Registration date : 2008-10-14

Character sheet
Name: Abyss
Powerlevel: 23,000

Back to top Go down

Post  Tharsten Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 pm

Like Abyss stated before, we WILL add Player housing (wich can be a shop, too!), vehicles (not very advanced though, you just use an item (capsule) and you get into a car or other vehicle), skills to summon NPC's that help you, and most likely a friends list (with the location of your friends shown on it, and online status).

But marriage and kids for a DBZ game? Nah.
Tharsten
Tharsten
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 385
Ingame Name : Tharsten
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Tharsten
Race: Tuffle
Powerlevel: 10/3,500

http://www.db-universe.rpg-board.net